Amanda-Users

Re: Backup over two tapes?

2007-07-29 17:13:31
Subject: Re: Backup over two tapes?
From: Gerhard Brauer <gerhard.brauer AT web DOT de>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 21:04:52 +0000 (UTC)
Hello!
* Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com> schrieb am [29.07.07 22:31]:

> Is your hardware a tape drive or a tape drive and changer
> mechanism.  I'm getting mixed information from your
> description.

Sorry for confusing you. No , i have a simple
HP       Model: C5683A
Streamer, no changer.
I mean I've read somewhere that i should use changer mechanism on my
Streamer to get the spanning functionality. But this was surely a
misunderstanding of mine...

Amanda version is 2.5.2.p1

Marc (Thank you for for suggestions) pointed me to some other config
options.

My music dir is about 6.5 GB, it doesn't grow much.
So i want backup it from time to time. AT the moment i do this with
plain gnu-tar.
Now i want use Amanda for that:

- No automatically backups, only from time to time when i start it per
  hand
- always a full backup
- should spann over two tapes and should always use the same tapes
  (MusikSet-01, MusicSet-02).

So it set:
dumpcycle 0
runspercycle 0
tapecycle 2 tapes
runtapes 2

Is this ok (i run a test this moment) or totally stupid?

Next step was the complete backup of my server on bigger tapes (20/40GB),
but when i got stuck in such a "simple" config like above...

Thank you
        Gerhard
--
Neulich auf dem Maennerklo:
Linke Reihe, bitte hinten anstellen, jeder nur ein Kreuz...