Amanda-Users

Re: Dilog Libra 8 - experience anyone?

2007-01-30 01:44:41
Subject: Re: Dilog Libra 8 - experience anyone?
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <sgw AT amanda DOT org>
To: "Amanda user's group" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 11:07:55 +0100
Kai Zimmer schrieb:
> Hi Stefan,
>
>> /usr/libexec/chg-zd-mtx -info
>> I get
>> <none> no slots available
>
> do you already have labled tapes in your tapelist available? And
> assigned them to slots via amlabel? If not, chg-zd-mtx won't show any
> available slots...

Oh, a very good information ...

Sure, I have a valid tapelist for the former config with the tapedrive
only, but not for the changer.

Is this information somewhere in the docs/manpages/howtos?
If not I should add that somewhere.

Additional question:

How to assign tapes to slots when I have two or more cartridges?

Right now I have space for 8 tapes in one cartridge, but ~20 tapes in
the rotation. Do I have to assign tapes->slots everytime I change the
cartridge, with other tapes loaded?

Still a changer-newbie ;)

>> Currently I access the library via /dev/nst1 (another tapedrive
> attached
>> as st0) and /dev/sg2 (the changer). Things work ok when I execute
>> commands manually, but the chg-zd-mtx-script doesn't work as
> expected.
>
> So mtx works on the commandline? Like moving tapes from/to the drive,
> moving them back to their slots etc?

Yup.

Right now I change tapes via mtx, and then dump to them via the
changerless config. After the current run I will assign tapes to slots
as mentioned.

Thanks a lot, Stefan