Amanda-Users

Re: Dilog Libra 8 - experience anyone?

2007-01-24 16:26:01
Subject: Re: Dilog Libra 8 - experience anyone?
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <sgw AT amanda DOT org>
To: "Amanda user's group" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 22:11:42 +0100
Stefan G. Weichinger schrieb:
> Kai Zimmer schrieb:
>> Hi Stefan,
>>
>>> /usr/libexec/chg-zd-mtx -info
>>> I get
>>> <none> no slots available
>> do you already have labled tapes in your tapelist available? And
>> assigned them to slots via amlabel? If not, chg-zd-mtx won't show any
>> available slots...
>
> Oh, a very good information ...
>
> Sure, I have a valid tapelist for the former config with the tapedrive
> only, but not for the changer.
>
> Is this information somewhere in the docs/manpages/howtos?
> If not I should add that somewhere.

I assume this is not correct.

chg-zd-mtx works fine now after:

ln -s /dev/sg2 /dev/changer
chgrp tape /dev/sg2

This allowed the user amanda, which is member of the group tape, to
access the changer-device sg2 by simply running "mtx status", without
using "-f /dev/sg2". (mtx defaults to use /dev/changer, without "-f")

Right now amtape scans my inserted tapes without problems, and without
doing an amlabel-run (this wouldn't make much sense, relabel every tape
after each cartridge-change ...).

So I suggest a patch to the chg-zd-mtx-script:

instead of "mtx status"

it should be

"mtx -f /dev/$changerdev status"

Ok?