Amanda-Users

RE: Use of RegEx in exclude

2007-01-30 01:50:02
Subject: RE: Use of RegEx in exclude
From: "Lars Monsees" <l.monsees AT atlantisgmbh DOT de>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 17:45:10 +0100
(snip)

>> Now, I want to exclude the anon_ftp, etc and bla dir from the
backup
>> and tried to use a RegEx:
>>
>>    ./[A-Za-z0-9._-]*\.[A-Za-z]{2,4}/anon_ftp
>>
>> Unfortunately, this doesn´t seem to work. Is there any other way I
>> can achieve this?
>>

> First: don't forget that the dot in a regex can match any character.

Right, I forgot to escape the first one.

> Then (I'm too lazy to read the docs wrt that matter) you have to
know
> whether the regexes to be used apply only in part or as a whole to
> the directory you mean to get excluded - also, whether it is or not
> relative to the root of the filesystem.
>
> Can you try this:
>
> ([^/]+/)+/anon_ftp
>
> and see if this works?
>
> Also, you say that this doesn't seem to work. In what sense? Does it
> exclude too much, not enough? Are you sure that the four last chars
> before anon_ftp can never be anything other than letters?

In doesn´t seem to work in the way that the directory is not excluded.
The last four chars are the TLDs (.fr, .de, .com, etc.).

But, as Jean-Louis said, regex is not supported for tar, so I guess my
only options are to specify every domains´ httpdocs dir separately
(for 30+ domains and don´t forget it for new domains) --> bad, bad,
bad
or to just live with it --> suppress ego for not having solved this
problem  ;-)

Lars

btw: When I click on "answer" the recipient is not the mailing list
but the person who sent the mail. Is this because of stupid Outlook or
because of the mailinglist program?