Amanda-Users

Re: Best filesystem type for larg (500G) dumpdisk

2006-03-26 05:36:24
Subject: Re: Best filesystem type for larg (500G) dumpdisk
From: Michael Loftis <mloftis AT wgops DOT com>
To: Matthias Andree <matthias.andree AT gmx DOT de>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 03:32:49 -0700

--On March 26, 2006 12:27:02 AM +0100 Matthias Andree <matthias.andree AT gmx DOT de> wrote:

Michael Loftis <mloftis AT wgops DOT com> writes:

Reiser will take a while to mount such a large filesystem....As may XFS.
I haven't treied anything that big recently with ext3 but you can try
it...though I'm kind of interested now so I might see myself.

Well, just one data point ext3fs works for me on a 270 GB RAID5 (decent
hardware) fileserver.

Well, by a while, I can find a reasonable datapoint. Our tape server has about 600Gb ReiserFS partition, I can time it next time I reboot it....I think it's about a minute.