Amanda-Users

Re: Best filesystem type for larg (500G) dumpdisk

2006-03-25 11:33:06
Subject: Re: Best filesystem type for larg (500G) dumpdisk
From: stan <stanb AT panix DOT com>
To: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 11:30:07 -0500
On Sat, Mar 25, 2006 at 11:25:01AM -0500, Joshua Baker-LePain wrote:
> On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 at 10:37am, stan wrote
>
> >Subject line pretty much says it all.
> >
> >What filesystem type should I use for a largish dumpdisk, oh and how about
> >for a vtape partiton too?
>
> What OS/distro are you using on the server?

Sorry (hides face in shame). I'm using Ubuntu Breezy. I plan on building
my own 2.6.16 kerenel. So my choices are li,ited to what's avaialble
on Linux.

I would think BTW, that if i had managed to get my hardware working
with Solaris 10 (which was my first plan), I'd have used zfs.

Sorry :-(

--
U.S. Encouraged by Vietnam Vote - Officials Cite 83% Turnout Despite Vietcong
Terror