Amanda-Users

RE: Sendmail from amanda

2005-11-26 05:20:47
Subject: RE: Sendmail from amanda
From: "Lengyel, Florian" <FLengyel AT gc.cuny DOT edu>
To: "Leonid Shulov" <lshulov AT arabellasw DOT com>, <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 00:16:01 -0500

I should have been more specific: we were attempting to use
sendmail for internal email notifications, such as end of job
notifications from the computatinal cluster distributed resource
management system, and password change requests on the LAMP web
sites.  We forward mail from a computatinal
cluster and from our LAMP servers, to a mail server for the institution here, but we don't allow users to receive mail from the outside on the cluster. Somehow, at some point, the mail server was refusing mail
from our cluster and from our LAMP web servers. Perhaps the systems
group changed something (research computing is another group).

Sendmail was too much of a bother to get working, so we switched to
postfix, which resolved our problems. But this is what we are using
with amanda, and now for the first time since I've installed and configured Amanda [version 2.4.4p3 under Centos, in March 2005], I'm getting email
notifications from amanda.