Amanda-Users

Re: Trouble loggin in as "amanda"

2005-11-26 09:44:00
Subject: Re: Trouble loggin in as "amanda"
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 03:24:12 -0500
On Friday 25 November 2005 21:32, mindfuq AT verizon DOT net wrote:
>I have an amanda user account.  I don't know what password the portage
>install used for it, so I stomped on it using the passwd command.  No
>doing an:
>
>  su amanda
>
>appears to work (there is no login error), but when I do a whoami, it
>reports root, or whatever user I logged in from.  Running amcheck
>fails, reporting that I must be logged in as amanda.  Any clues?

Then I suspect you are going to have to, as root, type passwd amanda,
and enter a new, known passwd for the amanda account.

However, here, I can as root, do an su amanda and become amanda to the
whois command, so there may be something else at work as I do not have
to supply the amanda passwd to become amanda from root.

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
message by Gene Heskett are: