Amanda-Users

Re: tape handling: amtapetype and new tapes

2005-11-25 10:56:10
Subject: Re: tape handling: amtapetype and new tapes
From: Rodrigo Ventura <yoda AT isr.ist.utl DOT pt>
To: Inaki Sanchez <isanchez AT unav DOT es>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 15:47:31 +0000

    Inaki> No problem doing amlabel ISR006 right now, amanda will let
    Inaki> you do the backup in ISR005 or ISR006, it is up to you.

But how can I choose which?? Amanda handles the autoloader
automatically, I have no control on what tape goes next.

Maybe amanda will use amanda CONF slot next to go to the next slot,
until it satisfies the logical condition ISR005 OR new_tape. But I
don't know. That's what I'd like to know exactly.

    Inaki> I don't know which kind of tape you have, but in scsi tapes
    Inaki> you cat do "mt -f /dev/nst0 compression 0" to turn hw comp
    Inaki> off.

Yeah, that command works for me. However, I'm not sure what happens
when I powercycle the system. I'm not 100% sure the tape will always
write in non-compression mode, once all labels were written with no
compression.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

--

*** Rodrigo Martins de Matos Ventura <yoda AT isr.ist.utl DOT pt>
***  Web page: http://www.isr.ist.utl.pt/~yoda