Amanda-Users

Re: tape handling: amtapetype and new tapes

2005-11-25 11:32:11
Subject: Re: tape handling: amtapetype and new tapes
From: Inaki Sanchez <isanchez AT unav DOT es>
To: Rodrigo Ventura <yoda AT isr.ist.utl DOT pt>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 17:22:34 +0100
I don't have any experience with autoloaders, so I can't tell you for sure. If
you backup fits into one tape, put only ISR005 in the autoloader today to
ensure that amanda will use that tape, and tomorrow you can put ISR006.

You can run "mt -f /dev/st0 compression 0" at boot time to ensure hw comp is
off.

--
Inaki Sanchez