Amanda-Users

amanda clears restored file.

2005-11-25 09:30:42
Subject: amanda clears restored file.
From: Francesc Guasch <frankie AT etsetb.upc DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 15:16:14 +0100
Hi. I restored from amanda before without problems,
even a full server that crashed.

Now I'm trying to restore a directory. When I browse
it from amrecover I see the files that were in the
date I want to restore it. I mark the directory and
I do an lcd, then I start the restoring that requires
4 tapes.

When the first tape is finished I see amanda has
restored many files. It asks for more tapes, so we
carry on.

When amanda finishes it has removed most of the files
it restored from the first tape.

I can't understand it. If I can see the files from
amrecover, why does amanda removes it ?

The client is a debian-stable: amanda-client  2.4.4p3-3
The server is redhat-8: amanda-server-2.4.3-4