Amanda-Users

Re: "Strange" error message from Amanda.

2005-11-08 14:55:55
Subject: Re: "Strange" error message from Amanda.
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <sgw AT amanda DOT org>
To: Amanda Users List <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2005 20:48:44 +0100
Erik P. Olsen wrote:

| gtar: ./cache/samba/winbindd_privileged/pipe: socket ignored
? gtar: ./lib/slocate/slocate.db: file changed as we read it
| Total bytes written: 545894400 (521MiB, 3.1MiB/s)
sendbackup: size 533100
sendbackup: end
\--------

The weird messages do not make any sense what-so-ever. Would someone be
kind enough to explain to me what went wrong and whether I have a
dependable back-up?

No need to worry, Erik, just two files that GNUtar could not read, the first a socket-file, the other one changed while dumping.

If you want to get rid of the first msg, exclude the whole samba-cache-dir (you don't need to dump it).

For the slocate.db: this file could also be generated from scratch, so maybe you want to simply exclude it. OTOH you could shift your cronjob to make sure that this file doesn't get update while amdump runs.

Stefan.