Amanda-Users

Re: Connection refused by peer

2005-10-28 08:34:56
Subject: Re: Connection refused by peer
From: Thomas Wegner <thomaswegner AT gmx DOT net>
To: amanda Mailingsliste <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 14:28:23 +0200
Am Freitag, den 28.10.2005, 13:07 +0200 schrieb Alexander Jolk:

> >>Could you try without a changer, or debug your changer script?  That
> >>might be the problem.
> >
> > I have no changer and in amanda.conf is no changer defined.
> > backup@chef:~$ amtape backup_woche device
> > amtape: no tpchanger specified in "/etc/amanda/backup_woche/amanda.conf"
>
> That's an error message I believe, even though it's not evidently worded
> as such.  You seem to have specified runtapes > 1 without giving a
> changer.  Either configure a changer if you want more than one tape per
> run, or just set runtapes to 1.
No, I didn't configured any changer or any runtapes. This is my
amanda.conf:
org "Wochenbackup"              # your organization name for reports
mailto "root tommi"             # space separated list of operators at your site
dumpuser "backup"       # the user to run dumps under
#
inparallel 4            # maximum dumpers that will run in parallel
netusage  600           # maximum net bandwidth for Amanda, in KB per sec

# a filesystem is due for a full backup once every <dumpcycle> days
#dumpcycle 7 days       # the number of days in the normal dump cycle
#tapecycle 7 tapes      # the number of tapes in rotation

dumpcycle 1 day
tapecycle 2 tapes

bumpsize 20 MB          # minimum savings (threshold) to bump level 1 -> 2
bumpdays     1          # minimum days at each level
bumpmult     4          # threshold = bumpsize * (level-1)**bumpmult

#runtapes     9         # explained in WHATS.NEW
#tpchanger "no-changer" # the tape-changer glue script, see
TAPE.CHANGERS
tapedev "/dev/nst0"     # Linux @ tuck, important: norewinding
# tapedev "/dev/nrst8"  # or use the (no-rewind!) tape device directly

#Eintrag von Hand vom 23.10.2005
tapetype HP-DAT-C1537A
labelstr "^Wochenbackup[0-9][0-9]*$"    # label constraint regex: all tapes
must match

diskdir "/var/backups/amandadump/backup_woche"          # where the holding disk
is
disksize 500 MB                 # how much space can we use on it
#diskdir "/dumps/amanda/work"   # additionaly holding disks can be
specified
#diskdir "/mnt/disk4"
#disksize 1000 MB               #       they are used round-robin

# Amanda needs a few MB of diskspace for the log and debug files,
# as well as a database.  This stuff can grow large, so the conf
directory
# isn't usually appropriate.

infofile "/var/lib/amanda/backup_woche/curinfo" # database filename
logfile  "/var/log/amanda/backup_woche/log"     # log filename

# where the index files live
indexdir "/var/lib/amanda/backup_woche/index"

# tapetypes
#Eintrag von Hand - siehe amanda.org vom 23.10.2005
define tapetype HP-DAT-C1537A {
    comment "HP C1537A Streamer - DDS3 Tape"
    length 11694 mbytes
    filemark 78 kbytes
    speed 830 kps
}

define dumptype nocomp-user {
    comment "Non-root partitions on slow machines"
    options no-compress
    priority medium
}

Thomas