Amanda-Users

Re: Connection refused by peer

2005-10-26 19:08:08
Subject: Re: Connection refused by peer
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 18:46:49 -0400
On Wed, Oct 26, 2005 at 09:22:03PM +0200, Thomas Wegner wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, den 26.10.2005, 13:25 -0400 schrieb Jon LaBadie:
> >
> > Sounds like it is time to check the 'debug files' on the server
> > and on the client, possibly saved under /tmp/amanda.
>
> Sorry. But in /tmp are no debug files. I can offer log-files. In
> example :

I didn't type /tmp, but /tmp/amanda.  Your logs show this to be
the "debug directory" as in the following line:

> planner:        AMANDA_TMPDIR="/tmp/amanda" AMANDA_DBGDIR="/tmp/amanda"

Check both the server and the client.  I'm assuming the same build
is installed on both, otherwise the client could be differently
configured and the debug dir could be somewhere else on that host.

If no debug directory has been created on the server, then somehow
no amanda application ever started - not possible as you have logs
and amcheck results.

If no debug directory has been created on the client, then amanda
is not starting when contacted by the server.

You might clear both server and client debug directories and run
amcheck.  Confirm that some files are created in both.  I assume
there will be no errors from the client checks.

Clear again and run amdump.  Look in the newly created files
for more details on the error that causes the network problems.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)