Amanda-Users

Re: Running jobs as amanda vs. sudo

2005-08-21 21:48:20
Subject: Re: Running jobs as amanda vs. sudo
From: Marcus <ashogunnamedmarcus AT yahoo DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 18:38:29 -0700 (PDT)
> Marcus, you wouldn't tell your auto-mechanic your
> car "doesn't work", you'd tell them the symptoms,
> the error lights, the messages, ...  Otherwise the

My bad, I know, I'll never live it down
I sent (somewhat) more detailed outputs in another
mail; maybe it didn't hit the list yet...

> > I almost have mind just run jobs as sudo since
> Too early to give up.

But dude I've been working on this for three weeks.
Some buildings go up in less time, lol.
Re sudo, I was wondering if I could archive (nothing
automated) under my own user name instead of amanda,
would I be better off. If amdump'ing with sudo is bad,
then using su to get root then running under the
amanda account must be double plus bad. Just curious,
thanks..,