Amanda-Users

Re: AIT2 tape size?

2005-08-18 09:59:23
Subject: Re: AIT2 tape size?
From: Toralf Lund <toralf AT procaptura DOT com>
To: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 15:45:17 +0200
Paul Bijnens wrote:

Toralf Lund wrote:

Ah, yes, of course. No, hardware compression is not supposed to be on. But I'm not sure it isn't... In fact, now that to mention it, I suspect it's on after all. I'll a have a closer look. And I very much doubt that the drive will auto-detect compressed data.

amtapetype will tell you too if hardware compression is on.

OK.

Does amanda have any built-in support for switching it off? I mean, can any of the changer scripts or whatever do this? Or even amdump itself?