Amanda-Users

AIT2 tape size?

2005-08-18 08:20:15
Subject: AIT2 tape size?
From: Toralf Lund <toralf AT procaptura DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 14:01:09 +0200
I've been meaning to ask about this for a long time:

Does anyone here use AIT2 tapes, a.k.a. SDX-50C, for Amanda backup? What tape length are you using?

Please note that I'm not asking for the tapetype entry from the amanda.org archives, as it does not seem quite correct. I mean, the tape size is specified as 50Gb, and that's more or less what the "length" parameter in entry says, but it seems to me that it isn't actually possible to write that much data to these tapes. The maximum seems to be closer to 40Gb, actually.

OK, I might run amtapetype, but I'm lazy... And I'm also curious about other people's experience with this tapes. For instance, can anyone actually write as much as 50Gb?

- Toralf