Amanda-Users

Re: AIT2 tape size?

2005-08-19 01:13:54
Subject: Re: AIT2 tape size?
From: Stephen Carville <carville AT cpl DOT net>
To: Amanda Users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 21:55:04 -0700
Toralf Lund wrote:
> I've been meaning to ask about this for a long time:
>
> Does anyone here use AIT2 tapes, a.k.a. SDX-50C, for Amanda backup? What
> tape length are you using?

I ran amtapetype on my AIT-2 and;

define tapetype AIT2 {
    comment "AIT-2 with 230m tapes"
    length 43778 mbytes
    filemark 3120 kbytes
    speed 5371 kps
}

This has proven pretty accurate.

--
Stephen Carville -- polluting the ranks of skeptics since 1995.
Government is actually the worst failure of civilized man. There has