Amanda-Users

Re: Problems with Incremental Backups

2005-08-10 21:08:49
Subject: Re: Problems with Incremental Backups
From: Haroon Anwar <hilarious_nick AT yahoo.com DOT au>
To: Matt Hyclak <hyclak AT math.ohiou DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 10:41:23 +1000 (EST)
Hi Matt,

Thanks for you reply. Just got a question, what if I
mount filesystems with the "noatime" options so that
when it accesses a file it does not update the atime
on the inode? What will amanda do then? Work on file
size?
Is there any way, I can force amanda to work on file
size rather than on the basis of "atime"  for the
incremental backups.

Your help in this regard will be higly appareciated.

Thanks

Regards

haroon