Amanda-Users

Re: all estimate failed

2005-07-19 10:17:11
Subject: Re: all estimate failed
From: Brian Cuttler <brian AT wadsworth DOT org>
To: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>, BLaValley AT ALLEGROMICRO DOT com
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 10:02:13 -0400
Brian,
Gene,

couple of things, 1st, I'm thinking that if there is a jukebox
involved (tape loaded from slot 3) then perhaps a 5 minute delay
to load the tape isn't necessarilly a problem. 2nd, I'm stupid
and should have seen it yesterday - estimate failed, suggest
raising the etimeout value is amanda.conf.

If the partition(s) are large and etimeout is low or the client is
slow for any reasons...

On Tue, Jul 19, 2005 at 08:57:57AM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Tuesday 19 July 2005 07:49, LaValley, Brian E wrote:
> >I do have some things in different places.  What files should be in
> >/tmp/amanda?
> >I already had a username of amanda at this location, so my AMANDA
> > username is "backup"
> >Here is my amcheck run:
> >
> >backup@blavalley-l [27]>amcheck DailySet1
> >Amanda Tape Server Host Check
> >-----------------------------
> >Holding disk /native/amanda-2.4.4p2/dumps: 89164984 KB disk space
> > available, that's plenty
> >amcheck-server: slot 3: date X        label DailySet1-A03 (new tape)
> >NOTE: skipping tape-writable test
> >Tape DailySet1-A03 label ok
> >WARNING: info file
> >/native/amanda-2.4.4p2/DailySet1/curinfo/blavalley-l/hdc5/info: does
> > not exist
> >WARNING: info file
> >/native/amanda-2.4.4p2/DailySet1/curinfo/blavalley-l/hdc1/info: does
> > not exist
> >Server check took 312.817 seconds
>
> Somethings definitely wrong here, but from this I've no idea what.  It
> should not take a tape drive over 5 minutes to locate and load the
> next correct tape.  My server check is usually a very small fraction
> of a second, but I'm also using virtual tapes on a 200Gb drive.
>
> >Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
> >--------------------------------
> >Client check: 1 host checked in 0.025 seconds, 0 problems found
> >
> >(brought to you by Amanda 2.4.4p3)
> >backup@blavalley-l [28]>
> >
> The client check time is more realistic.  Heres a clip from mine:
> Server check took 0.579 seconds
>
> Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
> Client check: 2 hosts checked in 0.523 seconds, 0 problems found
>
> (brought to you by Amanda 2.4.5-20050711)

---
   Brian R Cuttler                 brian.cuttler AT wadsworth DOT org