Amanda-Users

ssh keys only

2005-07-19 10:15:44
Subject: ssh keys only
From: Vicki Stanfield <vicki AT progeny DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 09:06:16 -0500
Most of our servers are accessible only via ssh with a root key. Does amanda work in such a setup or does the amanda user have to have regular login access? One of my coworkers changed one of our servers to only accept logins via ssh and now amanda doesn't seem to be able to get there and we get the following message:

WARNING: /host/: selfcheck request timed out.  Host down?

I suspect that amanda simply doesn't like not being able to log in. Is this accurate?

Vicki