Amanda-Users

Re: all estimate failed

2005-07-19 08:58:55
Subject: Re: all estimate failed
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 08:57:57 -0400
On Tuesday 19 July 2005 07:49, LaValley, Brian E wrote:
>I do have some things in different places.  What files should be in
>/tmp/amanda?
>I already had a username of amanda at this location, so my AMANDA
> username is "backup"
>Here is my amcheck run:
>
>backup@blavalley-l [27]>amcheck DailySet1
>Amanda Tape Server Host Check
>-----------------------------
>Holding disk /native/amanda-2.4.4p2/dumps: 89164984 KB disk space
> available, that's plenty
>amcheck-server: slot 3: date X        label DailySet1-A03 (new tape)
>NOTE: skipping tape-writable test
>Tape DailySet1-A03 label ok
>WARNING: info file
>/native/amanda-2.4.4p2/DailySet1/curinfo/blavalley-l/hdc5/info: does
> not exist
>WARNING: info file
>/native/amanda-2.4.4p2/DailySet1/curinfo/blavalley-l/hdc1/info: does
> not exist
>Server check took 312.817 seconds

Somethings definitely wrong here, but from this I've no idea what.  It
should not take a tape drive over 5 minutes to locate and load the
next correct tape.  My server check is usually a very small fraction
of a second, but I'm also using virtual tapes on a 200Gb drive.

>Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
>--------------------------------
>Client check: 1 host checked in 0.025 seconds, 0 problems found
>
>(brought to you by Amanda 2.4.4p3)
>backup@blavalley-l [28]>

The client check time is more realistic.  Heres a clip from mine:
Server check took 0.579 seconds

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
Client check: 2 hosts checked in 0.523 seconds, 0 problems found

(brought to you by Amanda 2.4.5-20050711)

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
message by Gene Heskett are: