Amanda-Users

Re: all estimate failed

2005-07-19 10:43:01
Subject: Re: all estimate failed
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 10:42:11 -0400
On Tuesday 19 July 2005 10:02, Brian Cuttler wrote:
>Brian,
>Gene,
>
>couple of things, 1st, I'm thinking that if there is a jukebox
>involved (tape loaded from slot 3) then perhaps a 5 minute delay
>to load the tape isn't necessarilly a problem.

Maybe not a problem, but I recall my robots were generally only a 2 to
3 minute lag, back when I was using them.  Seagate 4586n's,
admittedly pretty cheap though.

>2nd, I'm stupid
>and should have seen it yesterday - estimate failed, suggest
>raising the etimeout value is amanda.conf.

I saw that too, and figured somebody would catch it as the message was
fairly old by the time I saw it.  And I agree.  Maybe its time the
default etimeout was raised from 5 minutes to 10 or 15?