Amanda-Users

Re: amrestore from virtual tape

2005-07-12 16:22:52
Subject: Re: amrestore from virtual tape
From: Geert Uytterhoeven <geert AT linux-m68k DOT org>
To: Michael Weiser <michael AT weiser.dinsnail DOT net>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 22:15:14 +0200 (CEST)
On Tue, 12 Jul 2005, Michael Weiser wrote:
> I've set up a very nice backup to disk and everything works like a
> charm. I've just got one problem: How do I run an amrestore of one of
> the virtual tapes? Or can I just copy the files out of the tape
> directory? How do I handle the usual 2GB chunking then?

Just like with a real tape changer :-)

Use `amrecover', not `amrestore'. When it asks for a tape, use (in a different
shell):

    amtape <config> label <label>

to load the wanted tape.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                                                Geert

--
Geert Uytterhoeven -- There's lots of Linux beyond ia32 -- geert AT linux-m68k
DOT org

                                                            -- Linus Torvalds