Amanda-Users

Re: amrestore from virtual tape

2005-07-13 01:46:50
Subject: Re: amrestore from virtual tape
From: Michael Weiser <michael AT weiser.dinsnail DOT net>
To: Geert Uytterhoeven <geert AT linux-m68k DOT org>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 07:22:10 +0200
On Tue, Jul 12, 2005 at 10:15:14PM +0200, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:

> > I've set up a very nice backup to disk and everything works like a
> > charm. I've just got one problem: How do I run an amrestore of one of
> > the virtual tapes? Or can I just copy the files out of the tape
> > directory? How do I handle the usual 2GB chunking then?
> Just like with a real tape changer :-)

> Use `amrecover', not `amrestore'.

But I actually want to restore the archives not individual files. Can I
do that with amrecover?

I found that I can do something like this though:

amrestore -p diskdir/slot30/00002.machine._.3  | \
        ssh machine "cat - >~/restore/machine._.2.tar"

I just wonder if it's the right way to do it[tm].

Thanks for your help.
--
bye, Micha