Amanda-Users

Re: Archive contains obsolescent base-64 headers

2005-04-25 20:56:03
Subject: Re: Archive contains obsolescent base-64 headers
From: "Bryan K. Walton" <bryanw AT weccusa DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 19:38:34 -0500
Hi Jon,
        Thanks for the email.  I tried what you said, please read
below:

On Mon, Apr 25, 2005 at 04:45:41PM -0400, Jon LaBadie wrote:

> I'd recommend falling back to basic unix commands.
> Get a dump file off of the tape
>    mt rewind ; mt fsf <some number>
>    dd bs=32k if=<tapedevice> of=<outputfile> skip=1

Done.

> Check that the file cmd does believe it is gzip'ed data.
>    file <outputfile>

amanda:/u11# file sharedata
sharedata: gzip compressed data, deflated, last modified: Fri Apr 22
22:40:28 2005, max speed, os: Unix

> Unzip it gunzip  < outputfile   > unzippedfile

Done.

> Check it with the file cmd (should know it is gnutar archive)

amanda:/u11# file sharedata.unzipped
sharedata.unzipped: GNU tar archive

> Try to do a table of contents
>    gtar tvf < unzippedfile

Worked fine.

> If that works, try the extraction you need with gtar.

Darn.  Here come the errors again:

amanda:/u10# tar -x -f sharedata.unzipped ./Subcontracts/*
tar: Skipping to next header
tar: Archive contains obsolescent base-64 headers

So, anyway to fix this?

Thanks!
Bryan Walton