Amanda-Users

Re: very large dumps in holding area

2005-04-22 10:33:22
Subject: Re: very large dumps in holding area
From: Vicki Stanfield <vicki AT progeny DOT com>
To: Amanda List <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 09:10:05 -0400
Alexander Jolk wrote:

Vicki Stanfield wrote:

I have searched the list archives and don't see a way (using GNU mt 2.4.2) to permanently disable hardware compression. I thought I had seen a post on it fairly recently, but I didn't find it with my search. I see the mt option defcompression, but that apparently isn't supported in my version of mt.

There seem to be a few different versions of mt, with slightly different syntax. Mine uses `mt datcompression 0', other, as you say, `defcompression', and there also seems to be a version that uses plain `compression'.

You are on Linux, or something else?

Alex

I am on Debian Woody (Linux). The version I have doesn't seem to support the defcompression or the compression options, so I am unsure how to make the change permanent.

In the meantime, I am tracking down what has made the dumps I mentioned so large. Hopefully, I will be able to split them up.

Vicki