Amanda-Users

Re: very large dumps in holding area

2005-04-21 11:46:39
Subject: Re: very large dumps in holding area
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: Vicki Stanfield <vicki AT progeny DOT com>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 11:31:02 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 at 10:21am, Vicki Stanfield wrote

> Okay. The tapetype is: HP-C5683A.

Err, could you paste the whole tapetype?

> I'm guessing that the holding area isn't big enough (which I had been
> told before I admit, but since it's on its own partition I haven't done
> anything about it). I remember hearing that you can combine two holding
> areas as one; is that possible for me to add space from another drive
> and combine it with my current holding area? Where can I find
> instructions on how to do that?

Just add multiple "holdingdisk" entries.  Amanda will automatically
distribute images all over them.

> NOTES:
>   driver: WARNING: /var/spool/amanda: 36505600 KB requested, but only 8085788
> KB available.
>   planner: Incremental of pollux:/net/pollux/project/new-ps-archive/60 bumped
> to level 3.
>   planner: Incremental of morimoto:/net/morimoto/home bumped to level 6.
>   planner: Incremental of morimoto:/var bumped to level 2.
>   planner: morimoto /net/morimoto/home 20050421 0 [dump larger than tape,
> 39666051 KB, full dump delayed]

Amanda's not doing those dumps b/c they are estimated to be bigger than
'tapelength' in your tapetype.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering