Amanda-Users

Please confirm I am nearly there

2005-04-19 06:28:28
Subject: Please confirm I am nearly there
From: Chuck Amadi <chuck AT smtl.co DOT uk>
To: Amanda List <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 11:21:11 +0100
Hi all after a few nuke strikes and setups I hope I am nearly there1.
At the moment I am ssh into the myserver So I hope the error is due to
that.

Please can you have a look I have  and advise cheers.

myserver:/var/lib/amanda/DailySet1/curinfo/myserver.smtl.co.uk/_etc # su
amanda -c "/local/sw/amanda/bckup/sbin/amcheck DailySet1"

Amanda Tape Server Host Check

-----------------------------

Holding disk /dumps/amanda: 140763092 KB disk space available, that's
plenty

Holding disk /dumps/amanda: 140763092 KB disk space available, that's
plenty

ERROR: /dev/nst0: not an amanda tape

      (expecting a new tape)

NOTE: skipping tape-writable test

Server check took 0.039 seconds

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check

--------------------------------

WARNING: myserver.domain.co.uk: selfcheck request timed out.  Host down?

Client check: 1 host checked in 30.002 seconds, 1 problem found

Regards

Chuck

--
Unix/ Linux Systems Administrator

The Surgical Material Testing Laboratory (SMTL),
Princess of Wales Hospital
Coity Road
Bridgend,
United Kingdom, CF31 1RQ.