Amanda-Users

SunOS 5.8 global/user profile and amanda

2005-04-19 09:23:25
Subject: SunOS 5.8 global/user profile and amanda
From: Iulian Topliceanu <iulian.topliceanu AT net-m DOT de>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 14:55:56 +0200
Hi,

I've compiled amanda client on a SunOS 5.8 without any problems/errors. 'amcheck' ran fine but when backing it up I got this:

FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:
 client   /var lev 0 FAILED [missing result for /var in client response]
 client   /opt/scripts lev 0 FAILED [missing result for /opt/scripts in client
response]
 client   /opt/as lev 0 FAILED [missing result for /opt/as in client response]
 client   /etc lev 0 FAILED [missing result for /etc in client response]

amanda.*.debug shows this:

amanda: time 0.003: bsd security: remote host amanda.server user amanda local user amanda
amanda: time 0.003: amandahosts security check passed
amanda: time 0.003: running service "/usr/local/libexec/sendsize"
ld.so.1: /usr/local/libexec/sendsize: fatal: libgcc_s.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory
amanda: time 0.027: sending REP packet:

Now, this isn't my first amanda-client installation on a SunOS, ld.so.1 is
present in /usr/lib as it should, and so is libgcc_s.so.1 present in
/usr/local/lib.

The only difference to the other SunOS servers is the global profile. I've used
the same tarball and compiled it like on the other SunOS 5.6 machines (this is
the only one running SunOS 5.8)

My question is: does amanda take some info from /etc/profile or the users
profile?

Any help would be apreciated.

Regards,
Iulian Topliceanu