Amanda-Users

Re: Please confirm I am nearly there - amlabel and amcheck I think are fine.

2005-04-19 10:29:27
Subject: Re: Please confirm I am nearly there - amlabel and amcheck I think are fine.
From: Chuck Amadi <chuck AT smtl.co DOT uk>
To: Amanda List <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 15:17:21 +0100
Hi again due to the nature of this new sever I have locked everything
down to just a few services and I have disables xinetd .

myserver:/local/sw/amanda/DailySet1 # su amanda -c
"/local/sw/amanda/bckup/sbin/amlabel DailySet1 DailySet101"
rewinding, reading label, not an amanda tape
rewinding, writing label DailySet101
, checking label, done.
myserver:/local/sw/amanda/DailySet1 #
myserver:/local/sw/amanda/DailySet1 #

myserver:/local/sw/amanda/DailySet1 # su amanda -c
"/local/sw/amanda/bckup/sbin/amcheck DailySet1 DailySet101"
Amanda Tape Server Host Check
-----------------------------
Holding disk /dumps/amanda: 140763012 KB disk space available, that's
plenty
NOTE: skipping tape-writable test
Tape DailySet101 label ok
Server check took 0.013 seconds

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
--------------------------------
Client check: 0 hosts checked in 0.006 seconds, 0 problems found

(brought to you by Amanda 2.4.4p4)
myserver:/local/sw/amanda/DailySet1 #

Thus I hope this is good news as I am getting excited!.

--
Unix/ Linux Systems Administrator

The Surgical Material Testing Laboratory (SMTL),
Princess of Wales Hospital
Coity Road
Bridgend,
United Kingdom, CF31 1RQ.