Amanda-Users

Adding new stuff to disklist

2005-04-01 16:55:04
Subject: Adding new stuff to disklist
From: Vicki Stanfield <vicki AT progeny DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 16:50:34 -0500
I discovered that some things on a remote machine were not being backed up. Some things on that same machine were but not everything that should be. I tried to add the lines to the disklist by copying the ones that were there and editing them. I then ran amcheck and got this:

<SNIP>
NOTE: info dir
/var/lib/amanda/Progeny01/curinfo/pollux/_net_pollux_project_new-ps-archive_50:
does not exist
NOTE: index dir
/var/lib/amanda/Progeny01/index/pollux/_net_pollux_project_new-ps-archive_50:
does not exist
NOTE: info dir
/var/lib/amanda/Progeny01/curinfo/pollux/_net_pollux_project_new-ps-archive_49:
does not exist
NOTE: index dir
/var/lib/amanda/Progeny01/index/pollux/_net_pollux_project_new-ps-archive_49:
does not exist
</SNIP>

I obviously have another knowledge gap when it comes to how amanda works. I
expected that it would go to the system in question with ssh and tar across the
necessary stuff. Evidently I am wrong. Can someone give me a brief explanation
of the process that amanda goes through to back up a remote system?

For the record, the lines I added to disklist look like this:

pollux          /net/pollux/project/new-ps-archive/49   med-tar
pollux          /net/pollux/project/new-ps-archive/50   med-tar

/net/pollux/project/new-ps-archive/49 is an existing directory on pollux as is
50.

What am I missing here?

Vicki