Amanda-Users

Re: Adding new stuff to disklist

2005-04-01 17:16:41
Subject: Re: Adding new stuff to disklist
From: Frank Smith <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>
To: Vicki Stanfield <vicki AT progeny DOT com>, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 16:09:28 -0600
--On Friday, April 01, 2005 16:50:34 -0500 Vicki Stanfield <vicki AT progeny
DOT com> wrote:

> I discovered that some things on a remote machine were not being backed up.
> Some things on that same machine were but not everything that should be. I
> tried to add the lines to the disklist by copying the ones that were there
> and editing them. I then
> ran amcheck and got this:
>
> <SNIP>
> NOTE: info dir
> /var/lib/amanda/Progeny01/curinfo/pollux/_net_pollux_project_new-ps-archive_50:
>  does not exist
> NOTE: index dir
> /var/lib/amanda/Progeny01/index/pollux/_net_pollux_project_new-ps-archive_50:
> does not exist
> NOTE: info dir
> /var/lib/amanda/Progeny01/curinfo/pollux/_net_pollux_project_new-ps-archive_49:
>  does not exist
> NOTE: index dir
> /var/lib/amanda/Progeny01/index/pollux/_net_pollux_project_new-ps-archive_49:
> does not exist
> </SNIP>

Don't worry about it, amcheck is just telling you the index files
don't exist for those filesystems.  Since you just added them, it
is not a problem. Amanda will create them when it does the backups.
   If you ever see that NOTE  for something that's already been
backed up, you would then need to worry about what happened to
your index files.

Frank

--
Frank Smith                                      fsmith AT hoovers DOT com
Sr. Systems Administrator                       Voice: 512-374-4673