Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda client on Redhat 2.4.9-31

2004-10-04 16:26:14
Subject: Re: Amanda client on Redhat 2.4.9-31
From: Jason Miller <jwm AT interlinc DOT net>
To: Brian Cuttler <brian AT wadsworth DOT org>
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2004 15:22:18 -0500
Does your disklist look something like below? These are in my
/etc/amanda/DailySet1/disklist file.

nnewton.wadsworth.org   /dev/sda12      always-full     -1      local

Here is what my xinetd.d config files look like on a Redhat 9.0 system. Hope
this helps, note on my RH 9.0 system in my /etc/passwd amanda is NOT part of
the disk group. I installed it through RPM so I would assume this would be
the correct settings for your 7.2 but that is another assumption on my part.
I also noticed that there is not a RPM for 7.2 on rpmfind.net but there is a
7.3.

service amanda
{
        socket_type             = dgram
        protocol                = udp
        wait                    = yes
        user                    = amanda
        group                   = disk
        server                  = /usr/lib/amanda/amandad
        disable                 = no
}

service amidxtape
{
        socket_type             = stream
        protocol                = tcp
        wait                    = no
        user                    = amanda
        group                   = disk
        server                  = /usr/lib/amanda/amidxtaped
        disable                 = no
}

service amandaidx
{
        socket_type             = stream
        protocol                = tcp
        wait                    = no
        user                    = amanda
        group                   = disk
        server                  = /usr/lib/amanda/amindexd
        disable                 = no
}

Jason