Amanda-Users

GNUTAR, mount points & symbolic links ???

2004-07-12 16:17:53
Subject: GNUTAR, mount points & symbolic links ???
From: Michael D Schleif <mds AT helices DOT org>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 15:13:24 -0500
Does Amanda/GNUTAR _follow_ all mount points and symbolic links in a
DLE?

Everytime that I setup Amanda clients, I get confused on these issues.

If this is covered in the FAQ-O-Matic, then I do not see it.  If it has
been covered on the mailing list countless times, then my searches are
too lame.  Hopefully, this post, including this subject line, will make
this easier to find for those who come after ;>

If I am right, by default, Amanda/GNUTAR _does_ follow follow mount
points contained within a DLE, but does _not_ follow symbolic links.

This makes a difference regarding deploying exclude files.

What do you think?

--
Best Regards,

mds