Amanda-Users

Re: Error "/bin/tar got signal 13"

2004-07-12 13:25:23
Subject: Re: Error "/bin/tar got signal 13"
From: Simon Frettloeh <sifr AT aifb.uni-karlsruhe DOT de>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 19:17:36 +0200
Hi!

Here's a little bit more information:

> - In /var/log/messages (see attachment "schatten_messages") just above
> the "sendbackup"-entry I get strange error messages about connecting to
> an ldap-server. We're using LDAP at our site, but I can see no
> significant reason, why gtar needs this, since all users used by Amanda
> are local in /etc/passwd and /etc/group. nsswitch.conf is configured
> correctly (file before ldap).

LDAP is required because the user-/group-numbers are resolved to names
through it. But a manually started "gtar --create --file - --directory .
--one-file-system --sparse --ignore-failed-read --totals . | /bin/tar
-tf - 2>/dev/null | sed -e 's/^\.//'" doesn't reproduce this failure and
doesn't create an equivalent syslog entry like during backup.

Hope, somebody is able to help me!
Bye,
Simon

--