Amanda-Users

Re: Dealing with a dump too big

2004-06-21 12:47:13
Subject: Re: Dealing with a dump too big
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <monitor AT oops.co DOT at>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 18:43:05 +0200
Hi, Kevin,

amanda@admin:~ >> grep admin /etc/amanda/DailySet1/disklist
KZ> admin   //db/f$ db-f-nocomp-medpri-tar-exclude-inetsrv  #DB
KZ> server, Drive F: excluding \inetsrv
KZ> admin   //db/f$/inetsrv nocomp-medpri-tar               #DB server, Drive
F:\inetsrv\
amanda@admin:~ >>

KZ> From amanda.conf:
KZ> # Special dumptypes for excluding directories
KZ> define dumptype db-f-nocomp-medpri-tar-exclude-inetsrv{
KZ>    nocomp-medpri-tar
KZ>    comment "Special for admin//db/f$, excluding /inetsrv/"
KZ>    exclude "./inetsrv/"
KZ> }

KZ> My questions are:
KZ> 1. What's the long term solution to this problem? Have I done
KZ> something wrong in the amanda.conf or disklist files?

The usage of excludes is a bit different when backing up smb-shares.
Please give me the output of

amadmin DailySet1 disklist admin //db/f$

which should tell us more about how AMANDA interprets your cascading
of exclusions ...

Execute this before and after you edited the following =>

You can only use ONE exclusion-option with smbclient ...

AFAIK this should be:

exclude ".\inetsrv\*"

in this case (Win uses backslashes ...)

KZ> 2. Is there anything I can do right now, before the nightly
KZ> normal run, to get a level 0 backup of just this share?

You can do this (after editing your exclusion):

amadmin DailySet1 force admin //db/f$
amdump DailySet1 admin //db/f$

--
best regards,