Amanda-Users

Re: Hard disk backup doubts

2004-06-02 11:45:52
Subject: Re: Hard disk backup doubts
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 11:39:22 -0400
On Wed, Jun 02, 2004 at 03:51:10PM +0200, Javier Sanchez wrote:

> Now i have a different doubt .-), how can i tell amanda to compress the
> files with bzip2 ?? I saw how once on a web but cant find it now, any
> ideas ?

Confirm that the options are the same as gzip (?check logs in
/tmp/amanda?) and reconfigure/recompile with configure options
pointing to the bzip2 executable rather than gzip.

Or, reconfigure/recompile with options to point to a shell script
that you write replacing gzip for amanda only.  This script can
redo the gzip options into bzip2 options.  This is called a shell
wrapper.

Make sure it work things work in recovery as well as dumping.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)