Amanda-Users

Re: filesystem limit?

2004-03-16 17:59:12
Subject: Re: filesystem limit?
From: Geoff Swavley <geoffs AT radx DOT net>
To: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 09:51:46 +1100
35GB AIT-1 tapes (Native) plus I also have compression on the
drives DISABLED (advice from the list about double compressing a file,
resulting in a larger file than what you started with). It has slowed down
the backups but the large (already compressed thanks to oracle) export
database files seem to fit on the tape now.

Those two files add up as follows:
2355658752+
32212254720
---------------
34567913472

and the filesystem is 33.7GB so it should just fit on:
HOST          FILESYSTEM          TOTAL      USED
pokolbin       /u20                            36144364  33701475
TOTALS:                                      36144364  33701475

Maybe I'm living too close to the edge? Maybe the tape is bad towards the end
I'll change the tape and try flushing again. Hmmmmm ... that's
3 tapes now and all with the same flush error: