Amanda-Users

emailing the correct report.

2004-03-16 16:50:20
Subject: emailing the correct report.
From: jlm17 <jlm17 AT lucent DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 16:46:33 -0500
I have a question about the name of the log file generated by amdump. So the format is log.date.number, where number starts at 0. If I run two amdumps in one day, would log.date.0 be the log file for the first amdump to start, or the first amdump to finish?

The reason I am asking this is because I am doing something like this as a cron
task:

amdump config
amreport config -l logfile

If log.date.0 is the logfile for the first amdump to start, then I know which log file goes to which dump because I can start each amdump off by at least one minute. If however it is the first to finish, then I can't know what the logfile's name should be to run the amreport on.