Amanda-Users

Re: excluding while backing up Windows box

2004-03-17 09:05:25
Subject: Re: excluding while backing up Windows box
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: Bill Clery <bill AT lyceumllc DOT com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 09:01:48 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 at 7:50am, Bill Clery wrote

> Most of these are things I don't care to back up anyway.  Is there a way
> designate a backup of the whole harddrive ( //sun/C$ ) and exclude a long
> list of don't-care subdirectories like:

No.  From docs/SAMBA:

Smbclient only supports excluding a single file from the command line,
not a file of patterns like GNU tar.  So "exclude" is supported from a
dumptype but not "exclude list".

If you need multiple excludes, you may want to try to get amanda working
under cygwin on the 'doze box itself.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering