Amanda-Users

Re: retrieving 1 year old file

2004-03-12 08:42:43
Subject: Re: retrieving 1 year old file
From: "Kurt Yoder" <kylist AT shcorp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 08:39:13 -0500 (EST)
Jon LaBadie said:
> Because it would be a different configuration, the config name,
> the config logs and directories, and the tapes and tape labels
> would be different.  If you want to recover from the monthly
> config you use that name.  Otherwise use the daily config name.
>
> Both would have level 0 dumps, the monthly would have only
> level 0 while the daily would have a mixture of level 0 and
> incrementals.
>
> The monthly archive config doesn't care when the last level 0
> was done so there is no need to record that it did a level 0.
> Thus, set the "record" parameter to "no".  Otherwise the
> daily config might get confused as to when "it" did the last
> level 0.

I do a mix of Daily, Weekly, Monthly, and Yearly sets. I have it set up to do
a mix of incrementals and level 0's on all of them. Amanda gets a *little*
confused sometimes by this setup because it sometimes thinks a weekly or
monthly has been missed and thus promotes a few too many DLE's to full dumps.
In general it works fine though.

--
Kurt Yoder
Sport & Health network administrator