Amanda-Users

Re: retrieving 1 year old file

2004-03-13 16:07:21
Subject: Re: retrieving 1 year old file
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <monitor AT oops.co DOT at>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 22:00:12 +0100
Hi, Sergio,

on Freitag, 12. März 2004 at 18:11 you wrote to amanda-users:

SP> I can setup amanda to look for the vtapes in /amandatapes/daily and the
SP> structure will be something like this:

> /amandatapes/
>            daily/
>                 slot1 -->/sda1/slot1
>                 slot2 -->/sda1/slot2
>                 slot3 -->/sda1/slot3
>                 slotN -->/sdn/slotn

> Using symbolic links to the slots I can grow my vtape as I need and I
> can spread different slots in different locations (multiple firewire
> disks for example)
>
> Do you think amanda can handle this kind of approach?

I haven't followed the whole thread in detail, I am just answering
this one question:

Yes.

This is just the chg-disk-script handling directories and files, so
this should not be a problem. Just make sure the right vtape is there
when it is needed (plugging in and out firewire-disks ...)

--
best regards,
Stefan

Stefan G. Weichinger