Amanda-Users

problem with jukebox

2004-03-03 15:10:44
Subject: problem with jukebox
From: Brian Cuttler <brian AT wadsworth DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org, Chris Knight <knight AT sodor.wadsworth DOT org>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 15:05:55 -0500 (EST)
Hello Amanda Users,

I'm running
    IRIX 6.5.19
    amanda  2.4.2p2
    MTX 1.3.8

MTX itself seems to work correctly (see output below).

However I'm unable to get proper replies either from the
glue script nor from amanda (which one would expect with
a problem with the level underneath).

Perhaps I've selected the wrong glue script for this robot ?

samar 42% mtx -f /dev/scsi/sc1d4l0 inquiry
Product Type: Medium Changer
Vendor ID: 'BDT     '
Product ID: 'ThinStor AutoLdr'
Revision: 'T16r'
Attached Changer API: No

samar 57% amtape samar eject
amtape: slot /usr/local/libexec/chg-zd-mtx[3]: not ejected: test: argument
expected

samar 58% amtape samar device
test: argument expected

These error being explained (I think) by this output, which I do
not understand.

samar 60% /usr/local/libexec/chg-zd-mtx -eject
/usr/local/libexec/chg-zd-mtx[3]: test: argument expected
0 Drive was not loaded

Doubly odd since the only tape is loaded.

samar 61% /usr/local/libexec/chg-zd-mtx -info
/usr/local/libexec/chg-zd-mtx[15]: test: argument expected
 8 1

You get the idea.

samar 55% mtx -f /dev/scsi/sc1d4l0 status
  Storage Changer /dev/scsi/sc1d4l0:1 Drives, 8 Slots ( 0 Import/Export )
Data Transfer Element 0:Full (Storage Element 1 Loaded)
      Storage Element 1:Empty
      Storage Element 2:Empty
      Storage Element 3:Empty
      Storage Element 4:Empty
      Storage Element 5:Empty
      Storage Element 6:Empty
      Storage Element 7:Empty
      Storage Element 8:Empty

MTX inventory returns without any output, perhaps normal behaviour
if the other slots are empty (the users seem to have pillaged the tapes
performing their own archives - which is actually a welcome change).

                                                thank you,

                                                Brian

---
   Brian R Cuttler                 brian.cuttler AT wadsworth DOT org