Amanda-Users

Re: problem with jukebox

2004-03-03 16:38:01
Subject: Re: problem with jukebox
From: Brian Cuttler <brian AT wadsworth DOT org>
To: jon AT jgcomp DOT com, fsmith AT hoovers DOT com
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 16:30:44 -0500 (EST)
Jon,
Frank,

Thank you - I was able to debug with your help and quickly realized
that the driveslot wasn't set properly, updating the conf file and
examining the script I realized that the value was not being checked.

Since I'd had an issue with this on the Solaris 9 box last year and
I knew that "driveslot" was a valid parameter I realized that the
chg-zd-mtx script with 2.4.2p2 on my SGI was invalid and replaced
with the script that came with 2.4.4 on my Solaris system.

This seems to have resolved the immediate problem, now I have to
load up the tapes, label them (not sure the currently loaded one
is writeable) and configure my DLE entries... oh, and install
gtar. DLE on .8 TByte will not fit on SDLT 320 so its subdivide
and conquer time.

                                                Thank you both,

                                                Brian

samar 102% amcheck samar
Amanda Tape Server Host Check
-----------------------------
ERROR: log dir /amanda/samar: not writable
amcheck-server: slot 1: rewinding tape: I/O error
ERROR: new tape not found in rack
       (expecting a new tape)
NOTE: skipping tape-writable test
NOTE: info dir /amanda/samar/curinfo: does not exist
NOTE: it will be created on the next run
Server check took 32.700 seconds

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
ERROR: samar: [host samar: port 1139 not secure]
Client check: 1 host checked in 0.707 seconds, 1 problem found

(brought to you by Amanda 2.4.2p2)
samar 103% amlabel samar SAMAR01
labeling tape in slot 1 (/dev/sdlt):
rewinding