Amanda-Users

Re: problem with jukebox

2004-03-03 15:56:12
Subject: Re: problem with jukebox
From: Frank Smith <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>
To: Brian Cuttler <brian AT wadsworth DOT org>, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 14:52:12 -0600
--On Wednesday, March 03, 2004 15:05:55 -0500 Brian Cuttler <brian AT wadsworth
DOT org> wrote:

> Hello Amanda Users,
>
> I'm running
>     IRIX 6.5.19
>     amanda  2.4.2p2
>     MTX 1.3.8
>
> MTX itself seems to work correctly (see output below).
>
> However I'm unable to get proper replies either from the
> glue script nor from amanda (which one would expect with
> a problem with the level underneath).
>
> Perhaps I've selected the wrong glue script for this robot ?
>
> samar 42% mtx -f /dev/scsi/sc1d4l0 inquiry
> Product Type: Medium Changer
> Vendor ID: 'BDT     '
> Product ID: 'ThinStor AutoLdr'
> Revision: 'T16r'
> Attached Changer API: No
>
> samar 57% amtape samar eject
> amtape: slot /usr/local/libexec/chg-zd-mtx[3]: not ejected: test: argument
> expected
>
> samar 58% amtape samar device
> test: argument expected
>
> These error being explained (I think) by this output, which I do
> not understand.
>
> samar 60% /usr/local/libexec/chg-zd-mtx -eject
> /usr/local/libexec/chg-zd-mtx[3]: test: argument expected
> 0 Drive was not loaded
>
> Doubly odd since the only tape is loaded.
>
> samar 61% /usr/local/libexec/chg-zd-mtx -info
> /usr/local/libexec/chg-zd-mtx[15]: test: argument expected
>  8 1

According to the comments in chg-zd-mtx, there should be 3 or 4
numbers returned: current slot, number of slots, if it cam go backwards,
and optionally a 1 if you have a barcode reader.
  The 'test: argument expected' error most likely means one of the
test statements in the script is trying to evaluate a null variable.
Does your changerfile for that config define all the necessary parameters?
Try working through all the commands in the section of comments at the
top of the script on testing your setup.  Also check to see that the
shell listed on the first line uses a test compatible with the arguments
used in the script (some shells use a built-in test, others do a system
call to a standalone test program) and not all can test for all the same
things.
   If you still can't find anything, try adding in an echo statement
before each test to print the argument variables and see which one(s) is
causing it to bomb.

Frank

--
Frank Smith                                      fsmith AT hoovers DOT com
Sr. Systems Administrator                       Voice: 512-374-4673