Amanda-Users

Amanda, MTX, L25 changer

2004-03-03 15:37:55
Subject: Amanda, MTX, L25 changer
From: "Seth Rothenberg" <srothenb AT montefiore DOT org>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 15:34:40 -0500
Greetings.
We have been running Amanda on E4500/DLT7000 flawlessly for years.
Now, we got a Fireserver with a Sun L25 library and we want amanda to
be able to use it.  (we are on FS4800 with Solaris 8)
(I believe the Tape Robot is also known as ATL 1500)

I started with MTX, and it seemed to install OK, but every time
I run it, MTX gets "Killed" before it even starts.
"which mtx" reports /usr/local/sbin/mtx

I looked at some of the files in the docs directory for amanda,
and our sgen.conf seems to follow the recommendation.

Has anyone done this - Solaris (preferably 8) with L25?

This is with mtx 1.3.8 compiled using gcc 3.3.2 and make 3.80 on solaris 8.

Can the L25 be managed instead with stctl?

Thanks
Seth