Amanda-Users

amrecover - No index records

2003-10-09 21:30:57
Subject: amrecover - No index records
From: C Hardee <secun AT yahoo DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 18:18:15 -0700 (PDT)
I am running Amanda on a RH9 box.  I have indexing
turned on in my amanda.conf and the index file is
created during amdump. I can unzip the file and view
it with no problems.

However, whenever I run an amrecover, I get "No index
records for disk for specified date".  I've set the
date, host, and disk, but can't get this feature to
work.

Thanks for the help.

Here is an example of the error:
# amrecover normal
AMRECOVER Version 2.4.3. Contacting server on
localhost ...
220 Linx AMANDA index server (2.4.3) ready.
200 Access OK
Setting restore date to today (2003-10-09)
200 Working date set to 2003-10-09.
200 Config set to normal.
501 No index records for host: Linx. Invalid?
Trying host Linx ...
501 No index records for host: Linx. Invalid?
Trying host localhost.localdomain ...
501 No index records for host: localhost.localdomain.
Invalid?
Trying host localhost ...
501 No index records for host: localhost. Invalid?
amrecover> sethost linx
200 Dump host set to linx.
amrecover> ls
Must select a disk before listing files
amrecover> setdisk /home
Scanning /var/tmp...
200 Disk set to /home.
No index records for disk for specified date
If date correct, notify system administrator
amrecover>