Amanda-Users

multiple ethernet cards

2003-10-09 15:56:52
Subject: multiple ethernet cards
From: Jonathan Swaby <jfs10 AT bnext.stucen.gatech DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org (amanda backup)
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 15:51:40 -0400 (EDT)
Is it possible to run two amanda jobs at the same time on different
ethernet cards. I have a machine that I am planning to use to backup
my Win2k users. The data will be backed up to one of two
partitions. Would it be possible to run Amanda jobs on different
ethernet cards that backup to different partitions? Some users will
back up to bk0 via eth0 and others will back up to bk1 via eth1. I am
asking the question because I thought that I had read some place that
you can ony run one Amanda job at a time. I was wondering if different
interfaces and backing up to HD might solve the problem.