Amanda-Users

Re: Need A sample Tapelist file

2003-06-24 23:18:29
Subject: Re: Need A sample Tapelist file
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: "Harry Mbang" <hmbang AT devassoc1 DOT com>, <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 23:14:36 -0400
On Tuesday 24 June 2003 17:27, Harry Mbang wrote:
>Hi,
>     I am still trying to get my first successful Amanda backup.
> Now when I run amcheck, I get an error
>
>"cannot read/write /usr/local/var/Amanda/gnutar-lists: No such file
> or directory"
>
>Indeed there is no such file or directory.  My gnutar-lists is
> located in /var/lib/Amanda.  What shall I do?  I am also guessing
> that Amanda is going to want read/write other files and folders in
> the non-extisting directory.  Should I recompile Amanda with some
> option specifying the default directory for that type files and
> folders?  Thanks in advance for any advice.
>
>Harry.
It sounds as if you have a mix-n-match install there.  If an rpm, it
could be /var/lib/amanda.  But the default for building a tarball is
/usr/local/whatever.

Move your tapelists and the rest of your config stuff to
/usr/local/etc/amanda and see if that fixes things by running amcheck
(as the user who normally runs amanda, it won't run as root), and
fixing any other errors (warnings can be ignored) that pop up.  Also
do an 'rpm -e amanda*' to get rid of the rpms , they have no business
surviving on the system if you have built amanda from a tarball.

AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M
Athlon1600XP@1400mhz  512M
by Gene Heskett are: